CRICOS Course Code: 095739D
This course is for people who wish to develop their skills and knowledge in business administration. People in these positions use well-developed skills, possess a broad knowledge base and apply solutions to a defined range of unpredictable problems, analysing and evaluating information from a variety of sources. They may provide leadership and guidance to others with some limited responsibility for the output of others. Typical job roles include Administrators or Project Officers in small, medium or large organizations, in a broad range of industries.
Students will learn a broad range of skills and knowledge such as implementing and monitoring WHS procedures, implementing and coordinating customer service strategies and standards, leading team effectiveness, implementing continuous improvement and undertaking project work. Students will also learn how to support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff, implement operational plans, analyses and present research information and report on financial activity, enabling them to operate effectively in business support positions.
- Year 12 (HSC)
- Academic IELTS 5.5 overall, no less than 5.0 in each band, or upper intermediate, or EAP from approved ELICOS/ESL center or evidence of completing a VET course at Certificate IV or above the level in Australia.
- Students who do not meet the English requirement as above must sit for an LLN Test.
- At least 18 years or above * From May 2019 intake SCCM is not accepting any under 18 application.
Assessments may include short written knowledge tests, discussions and oral communication demonstrations, case study exercises, written reports, web-based research and reports, final projects and final written exams. To perform at your best, you will probably need to work on the assessments outside of class time.
Students who have completed relevant studies or have some of the competencies in the course may apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Application for RPL can be made with the initial application or can be made within two weeks of the course commencement using the RPL Application Form and by providing supporting documents. Please note that RPL cannot result in an international student having less than a full-time load of study (20 hours per week) but can reduce the overall duration of the course and fees. See our Student Handbook for more information.
If a Student has an Australian VET qualification and the units match exactly with the units delivered, the Student will be granted a Direct Credit Transfer. Marketing and student services staff will manage this process following Student Credit Transfer and Recognition of Prior Learning policy and procedure. This sets out how the process is administered and the adjustment to course duration and course fees.
39 weeks (30 Academic weeks + 9 Weeks Holidays)
14 Hours Face to Face and 6 Hours Online
|Tuition Fees||AUD 8,100||Enrolment Fee||AUD250||*Material fee||AUD 321|
On completion of this qualification, candidates may undertake:
- BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management
- BSB50215 Diploma of Business or other Diploma level qualifications from the BSB Business Services Training Package.
- Participants can seek employment in the business support functions of a small, medium or large enterprise, in a variety of industries, in both the public and private sector.
- Graduates with no employment experience should expect to enter the industry in positions such as an Assistant or other related business support positions.
- Graduates with relevant experience in the industry could obtain positions such as Administrator or Project Office.
|BSBWHS401||Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures, and programs to meet legislative requirements||Core|
|BSBCUS401||Coordinate implementation of customer service strategies||Elective|
|BSBCUS403||Implement customer service standards||Elective|
|BSBLDR403||Lead team effectiveness||Elective|
|BSBHRM405||Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff||Elective|
|BSBMGT402||Implement operational plan||Elective|
|BSBRES411||Analyses and present research information||Elective|
|BSBFIA412||Report on financial activity||Elective|
|BSBMGT403||Implement continuous improvement||Elective|
|BSBPMG522||Undertake project work||Elective|
Level2, 17 Macquarie St Parramatta NSW, 2150