BSB61015 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management
CRICOS CODE: 095743G
This course is for people desiring to work in senior leadership and management positions in a broad range of industries. People in senior leadership and management positions display initiative and judgment to plan and implement a range of leadership and management functions, with accountability for personal and team outcomes within broad parameters. They use cognitive and communication skills to identify, analyses and synthesize information from a variety of sources and use conceptual skills to express ideas and perspectives or respond to complex problems.
Students of this course will learn a broad range of senior leadership and management improvement leading and managing organizational change, managing human resources strategic planning, developing and implementing strategic plans and developing systematic approaches to managing WHS. In addition, students will learn how to develop marketing and business plans develop marketing and business plans develop and implement diversity policies evaluate international marketing opportunities provide leadership across the organization and contribute to organizational development.
The course is most suited for individuals who are currently aspiring to be Area Managers, Department Managers or Regional Managers in small, medium and large firms in both the public and private sectors.
- Year 12 (HSC)
- Academic IELTS 5.5 overall, no less than 5.0 in each band, or upper intermediate, or EAP from approved ELICOS/ESL center or evidence of completing a VET course at Certificate IV or above level in Australia.
- Student who do not meet the English requirement as above must sit for an LLN Test.
- At least 18 years or above * From May 2019 intake SCCM is not accepting any under 18 application.
For Packaging courses, student cannot progress to the higher Qualification unless the student successfully Completed lower Qualification.
Assessments may include short written knowledge tests, discussions and oral communication demonstrations, case study exercises, written reports, web-based research and reports, final projects and final written exams. To perform at your best, you will probably need to work on the assessments outside of class time.
Students who have completed relevant studies or have some of the competencies in the course may apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Application for RPL can be made with the initial application or can be made within two weeks of the course commencement using the RPL Application Form and by providing supporting documents. Please note that RPL cannot result in an international student having less than a full-time load of study (20 hours per week) but can reduce the overall duration of the course and fees. See our Student Handbook for more information.
DURATION: 78 (Academic weeks 60 + 18 Weeks Holiday)
STUDY METHOD: 14 hours face to face and 6 hours online per week
If a Student has an Australian VET qualification and the units match exactly with the units delivered, the Student will be granted a Direct Credit Transfer. Marketing and student services staff will manage this process following Student Credit Transfer and Recognition of Prior Learning policy and procedure. This sets out how the process is administered and the adjustment to course duration and course fees.
|Tuition Fees||AUD 16,200||Enrolment Fee||AUD250||*Material fee||AUD 500|
On completion of this qualification
- Any other training package to further enhance their career opportunities in their chosen field.
- Candidates may also choose to seek entry into an undergraduate degree such as a Bachelor of Business at an Australian Higher Education Provider (subject to the Higher Education Provider’s course entry requirements).
- Coupled with substantial leadership and management experience (more than two years) graduates of this course may be eligible to gain entry into a number of post-graduate courses such as a Graduate Certificate in Business Administration, Graduate Certificate in Management or Master of Business Administration.
- Participants will also be eligible to seek employment working in a small, medium or large enterprise in a variety of industries, in both the public and private sector.
- Graduates with no prior experience should expect to enter the industry in positions such as Administration Officer, Administration Coordinator or other related position.
Graduates with substantial work experience could obtain positions such as Area Manager Department Manager or Regional Manager.
|BSBINN601||Lead and manage organisational change||Core|
|BSBMGT605||Provide leadership across the organisation||Core|
|BSBMGT617||Develop and implement a business plan||Core|
|BSBDIV601||Develop and implement diversity policy||Elective|
|BSBHRM602||Manage human resources strategic planning||Elective|
|BSBMGT608||Manage innovation and continuous improvement||Elective|
|BSBMGT615||Contribute to organisation development||Elective|
|BSBMGT616||Develop and implement strategic plans||Elective|
|BSBMKG605||Evaluate international marketing opportunities||Elective|
|BSBMKG609||Develop a marketing plan||Elective|
|BSBWHS605||Develop, implement and maintain WHS management systems||Elective|
Level2, 17 Macquarie St Parramatta NSW, 2150