* This qualification has been superseded and SCCM is no longer accepting enrolment in this course after May 2019 Intake.
CRICOS CODE: 096688B
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to install and manage small scale networks, either as an independent network support technician or as part of a team.
Students will learn a broad range of competencies such as network support, Network operations support, Network operations technician, Network technician, Network support technician, Help desk support.
- Year 12 (HSC)
- Academic IELTS 5.5 overall, no less than 5.0 in each band, or upper intermediate, or EAP from approved ELICOS/ESL center or evidence of completing a VET course at Certificate IV or above the level in Australia.
- Students who do not meet the English requirement as above must sit for an LLN Test.
- At least 18 years or above * From May 2019 intake SCCM is not accepting any under 18 application.
- For Packaging courses, the student cannot progress to the higher Qualification unless the student successfully Completed Lower Qualification.
14 Hours Face to Face and 6 Hours Online
Assessments may include short written knowledge tests, discussions and oral communication demonstrations, case study exercises, written reports, web-based research and reports, final projects and final written exams. To perform at your best, you will probably need to work on the assessments outside of class time.
Students who have completed relevant studies or have some of the competencies in the course may apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Application for RPL can be made with the initial application or can be made within two weeks of the course commencement using the RPL Application Form and by providing supporting documents. Please note that RPL cannot result in an international student having less than a full-time load of study (20 hours per week) but can reduce the overall duration of the course and fees. See our Student Handbook for more information.
52 weeks (40Academic weeks + 12Weeks Holidays)
|Tuition Fees||AUD 12000||Enrolment Fee||AUD 250||Material fee||AUD 349|
On completion of this qualification, candidate may undertake
- ICT50118-Diploma of Information Technology
- Seek employment in the IT support system of a small, medium or large enterprise, in a variety of industries, both the public and private sector.
- Graduates with no employment experience should expect to enter the industry in positions such as an IT Assistant or other related support positions
- Graduates with relevant experience in the industry could obtain positions such as Network Support Technician or Help desk support
|BSBWHS304||Participate effectively in WHS communication and consultation processes||Core|
|ICTICT418||Contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an ICT environment||Core|
|ICTNWK401||Install and manage a server||Core|
|ICTNWK420||Install and configure virtual machines||Core|
|ICTNWK403||Manage network and data integrity||Core|
|ICTICT401||Determine and confirm client business requirements||Core|
|ICTNWK404||Install, operate and troubleshoot a small enterprise branch network||Core|
|ICTTEN416||Install, configure and test an internet protocol network||Core|
|ICTNWK408||Configure a desktop environment||Elective|
|ICTNWK405||Build a small wireless local area network||Elective|
|ICTTEN513||Install, configure and test a local area network switch||Elective|
|ICTNWK407||Install and configure client-server applications and services||Elective|
|ICTPMG401||Support small scale ICT projects||Elective|
|ICTTEN417||Install, configure and test a router||Elective|
|ICTTEN420||Design, install and configure an internetwork||Elective|
|ICTNWK410||Install hardware to a network||Elective|
|ICTNWK421||Install, configure and test network security||Elective|
If a Student has an Australian VET qualification and the units match exactly with the units delivered, the Student will be granted a Direct Credit Transfer. Marketing and student services staff will manage this process following Student Credit Transfer and Recognition of Prior Learning policy and procedure. This sets out how the process is administered and the adjustment to course duration and course fees.
Level2, 17 Macquarie St Parramatta NSW, 2150
|National Register Link||https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/FNS50217|
|*This course does not have any prerequisite
*Student material fees does not include the cost of work book. Student can purchase/ order student work book from SCCM reception if required with additional cost.