ICT50115 DIPLOMA OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
CRICOS CODE: 099828D
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to administer and manage information and communications technology (ICT) support in small-to-medium enterprises (SMEs) using a wide range of general ICT technologies.
Students working at this level provide a broader rather than specialized ICT support function, applying a wide range of higher-level technical skills in ICT areas such as networking, IT support, database development, programming and web development.
- Year 12 (HSC)
- Academic IELTS 5.5 overall, no less than 5.0 in each band, or upper intermediate, or EAP from approved ELICOS/ESL center or evidence of completing a VET course at Certificate IV or above the level in Australia.
- Students who do not meet the English requirement as above must sit for an LLN Test.
- At least 18 years or above * From May 2019 intake SCCM is not accepting any under 18 application.
- For Packaging courses, the student cannot progress to the higher Qualification unless the student successfully Completed Lower Qualification.
Assessments may include short written knowledge tests, discussions and oral communication demonstrations, case study exercises, written reports, web-based research and reports, final projects and final written exams. To perform at your best, you will probably need to work on the assessments outside of class time.
Students who have completed relevant studies or have some of the competencies in the course may apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Application for RPL can be made with the initial application or can be made within two weeks of the course commencement using the RPL Application Form and by providing supporting documents. Please note that RPL cannot result in an international student having less than a full-time load of study (20 hours per week) but can reduce the overall duration of the course and fees. See our Student Handbook for more information.
If a Student has an Australian VET qualification and the units match exactly with the units delivered, the Student will be granted a Direct Credit Transfer. Marketing and student services staff will manage this process following Student Credit Transfer and Recognition of Prior Learning policy and procedure. This sets out how the process is administered and the adjustment to course duration and course fees.
|65 weeks (50Academic weeks + 15Weeks Holidays)|
|14 Hours Face to Face and 6 Hours Online|
|Tuition Fees||AUD 15000||Enrolment Fee||AUD 250||Material fee||AUD 400|
On completion of this qualification student have following further academic pathways
- ICT60515 Advanced Diploma of Computer Systems Technology
- Any Bachelors course related with Information System
- Seek employment in the IT support functions of a small medium or large enterprise, in a variety of industries, in both the public and private sector.
- Graduates with no employment experience should expect to enter the industry in positions such as an IT support assistant or other related support positions.
- Graduates with relevant experience in the industry could obtain positions such as an IT administrator or support analyst
|BSBSUS501||Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability||Core|
|ICTICT517||Match ICT needs with the strategic direction of the organisation||Core|
|BSBWHS501||Ensure a safe workplace||Core|
|ICTICT509||Gather data to identify business requirements||Core|
|ICTNWK505||Design, build and test a network server||Elective|
|ICTNWK511||Manage network security||Elective|
|ICTNWK529||Install and manage complex ICT networks||Elective|
|ICTNWK516||Determine best-fit topology for a local network||Elective|
|ICTNWK525||Configure an enterprise virtual computing environment||Elective|
|ICTPRG532||Apply advanced object-oriented language skills||Elective|
|ICTPRG502||Manage a project using software management tools||Elective|
|ICTICT502||Develop detailed component specifications from project specifications||Elective|
|ICTSAD506||Produce a feasibility report||Elective|
|ICTSAS517||Use network tools||Elective|
|ICTSAS518||Install and upgrade operating systems||Elective|
|ICTICT501||Research and review hardware technology options for organizations||Elective|
|ICTWEB501||Build a dynamic website||Elective|
|ICTWEB502||Create dynamic web pages||Elective|
|ICTWEB503||Create web-based programs||Elective|
|ICTPMG501||Manage ICT projects||Elective|
Level2, 17 Macquarie St Parramatta NSW, 2150
|National Register Link||https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/FNS50217|
|*This course does not have any prerequisite
*Student material fees does not include the cost of work book. Student can purchase/ order student work book from SCCM reception if required with additional cost.