BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management
CRICOS CODE: 098902G
This course is for people desiring to work in Leadership and Management positions in a broad range of industries. People in leadership and management positions display initiative and judgment in planning, organising, implementing and monitoring their own workload and the workload of others. They use communication skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisational or enterprise requirements. They plan, design, apply and evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems, and identify, analyse and synthesis information from a variety of sources.
Students of this course will learn leadership competencies such as developing and using emotional intelligence, leading and managing effective workplace relationship and leading and managing team effectiveness. Student will also learn how to manage operational plans, manage people performance, manage quality customer service, manage risk, manage budgets and financial plans and manage recruitment, selection and induction processes as well as how to facilitate continuous improvement, ensure a safe workplace and develop a manage performance management processes.
- Year 12 (HSC)
- Academic IELTS 5.5 overall, no less than 5.0 in each band, or upper intermediate, or EAP from approved ELICOS/ESL center or evidence of completing a VET course at Certificate IV or above the level in Australia.
- Students who do not meet the English requirement as above must sit for an LLN Test.
- At least 18 years or above * From May 2019 intake SCCM is not accepting any under 18 application.
- For Packaging courses, the student cannot progress to the higher Qualification unless the student successfully Completed lower Qualification.
Assessments may include short written knowledge tests, discussions and oral communication demonstrations, case study exercises, written reports, web-based research and reports, final projects and final written exams. To perform at your best, you will probably need to work on the assessments outside of class time.
Students who have completed relevant studies or have some of the competencies in the course may apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Application for RPL can be made with the initial application or can be made within two weeks of the course commencement using the RPL Application Form and by providing supporting documents. Please note that RPL cannot result in an international student having less than a full-time load of study (20 hours per week) but can reduce the overall duration of the course and fees. See our Student Handbook for more information.
|52 weeks (40 Academic weeks + 12 Weeks Holidays)|
|14 Hours Face to Face and 6 Hours Online|
|Tuition Fees||AUD 10,800||Enrolment Fee||AUD250||*Material fee||AUD 444|
On completion of this qualification, candidates may undertake:
- BSB61018 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management
- BSB60215 Advanced Diploma of Business or
- other Advanced Diploma qualifications from the BSB Business Services Training Package
- Participants will also be eligible to seek employment working in a small, medium or large enterprise, in a variety of industries, in both the public and private sector.
- Graduates with not prior work experience should expect to enter the industry in position such as Administration Officer, Administration Coordinator or other related positions.
Graduates with substantial experience in the industry could obtain positions such as Manager
If a Student has an Australian VET qualification and the units match exactly with the units delivered, the Student will be granted a Direct Credit Transfer. Marketing and student services staff will manage this process following Student Credit Transfer and Recognition of Prior Learning policy and procedure. This sets out how the process is administered and the adjustment to course duration and course fees.
Level2, 17 Macquarie St Parramatta NSW, 2150
|BSBWHS501||Ensure a safe workplace||Elective|
|BSBMGT516||Facilitate continuous improvement||Elective|
|BSBLDR511||Develop and use emotional intelligence||Core|
|BSBLDR502||Lead and manage effective workplace relationships||Core|
|BSBWOR502||Lead and manage team effectiveness||Core|
|BSBHRM512||Develop and manage performance-management processes||Elective|
|BSBMGT502||Manage people performance||Elective|
|BSBCUS501||Manage quality customer service||Elective|
|BSBHRM506||Manage recruitment, selection and induction processes||Elective|
|BSBMGT517||Manage operational plan||Core|
|BSBFIM501||Manage budgets and financial plans||Elective|
|BSBWHS501||Ensure a safe workplace||Elective|
|National Register Link||https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/FNS50217|
|*This course does not have any prerequisite
*Student material fees does not include the cost of work book. Student can purchase/ order student work book from SCCM reception if required with additional cost.