FNS60217 ADVANCE DIPLOMA OF ACCOUNTING
CRICOS CODE: 097800K
This qualification is designed to reflect the role of individuals working in accounting and seeking professional identification. At these level individuals are expected to apply theoretical and technical skills in a range of situations and to display initiative and judgement in planning activities. They have autonomy in performing complex operations and can be responsible for planning, coordinating and evaluating the work of others within broad but generally well-defined parameters.
Advanced Diploma in Accounting provides you with a practical understanding of the accounting discipline and builds upon the foundation skills and knowledge acquired during your Diploma of Accounting. Additional skills learned include:
- Budgeting principles and practice
- Introductory Income Tax principles
- Preparation of financial statements
- Preparation and interpretation of management reports
- Payroll and Human Resources Management
- Year 12 (HSC)
- Academic IELTS 5.5 overall, no less than 5.0 in each band, or upper intermediate, or EAP from approved ELICOS/ESL center or evidence of completing a VET course at Certificate IV or above the level in Australia.
- Students who do not meet the English requirement as above must sit for an LLN Test.
- At least 18 years or above * From May 2019 intake SCCM is not accepting any under 18 application.
- For Packaging courses, the student cannot progress to the higher Qualification unless the student successfully Completed Lower Qualification.
Assessments may include short written knowledge tests, discussions and oral communication demonstrations, case study exercises, written reports, web-based research and reports, final projects and final written exams. To perform at your best, you will probably need to work on the assessments outside of class time.
Students who have completed relevant studies or have some of the competencies in the course may apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Application for RPL can be made with the initial application or can be made within two weeks of the course commencement using the RPL Application Form and by providing supporting documents. Please note that RPL cannot result in an international student having less than a full-time load of study (20 hours per week) but can reduce the overall duration of the course and fees. See our Student Handbook for more information.
If a Student has an Australian VET qualification and the units match exactly with the units delivered, the Student will be granted a Direct Credit Transfer. Marketing and student services staff will manage this process following Student Credit Transfer and Recognition of Prior Learning policy and procedure. This sets out how the process is administered and the adjustment to course duration and course fees.
|78 weeks (60 Academic weeks + 18Weeks Holidays)|
|14 Hours Face to Face and 6 Hours Online|
|Tuition Fees||AUD 16200||Enrolment Fee||AUD 250||*Material fee||AUD 500|
Level2, 17 Macquarie St Parramatta NSW, 2150
On completion of this qualification
- Candidates may also choose to seek entry into an undergraduate degree such as a Bachelor of Business at an Australian Higher Education Provider (subject to the Higher Education Provider’s course entry requirements).
- Coupled with substantial leadership and management experience (more than two years) graduates of this course may be eligible to gain entry into a number of post-graduate courses such as a Graduate Certificate in Business Administration, Graduate Certificate in Management or Master of Business Administration.
- Accounting roles in Finance Services and other industry
- Finance and Accounts Manager
- Assistant Accountant
- Senior Financial Officer
- Account Receivable and
Payable Manager and Office Manager
|FNSINC601||Apply economic principles to work in the financial services industry||Core|
|FNSINC602||Interpret and use financial statistics and tools||Core|
|FNSACC624||Monitor corporate governance activities||Core|
|FNSACC511||Provide financial and business performance information||Elective|
|FNSACC516||Implement and maintain internal control procedures||Elective|
|FNSACC517||Provide management accounting information||Elective|
|FNSACC607||Evaluate business performance||Elective|
|FNSINC504||Apply ethical frameworks and principles to make and act upon decisions||Elective|
|FNSACC614||Prepare complex corporate financial reports||Elective|
|BSBHRM505||Manage Remuneration and employee Benefits||Elective|
|BSBFIM501||Manage Budget and Financial Plan||Elective|